안광석 Ahn, Kwangseog
1. Nucleic-acid mediated immunity & Inflammation
· Innate immune sensing pathways of foreign RNA/DNA
· Innate immune sensing of endogenous retroviruses and inflammation
· Coupling of innate sensing with adaptive immunity
· Role of SAMHD1 in RNA homeostasis
2. Host & Virus Interaction
· Modulation of host microRNAs by viruses
· Mechanisms of microRNA turnover
· Role for viral long noncoding RNA genome
· Immune evasion by viruses
· Molecular mechanisms for SAMHD1 in HIV-1 restriction
- Kim, S., Seo, D., Kim, D., Hong, Y., Chan, H., Baek, D., Kim, VN., Lee., S., and Ahn, K. Temporal landscape of micrRNA-mediated host-virus crosstalk during productive human cytomegalovirus infection. Cell Host & Microbe 17:838-851 (2015). Highlighted as "Featured Article".
- Ryoo, J., Choi, J., Oh, C., Kim, S., Seo, M., Kim, S-Y., Seo, D., Kim, J., White, TE., Brandariz-Nunez, A., Diaz-Griferero, A., Yun, C-H., Hollenbaugh, JA., Kim, B., Baek., D., and Ahn, K. The ribonuclease activity of SAMHD1 is required for HIV-1 restriction. Nature Medicine 20:936-941 (2014). Highlighted in NEWS AND VIEWS of the issue (p.808-809).
- Lee, S., Song, J., Kim, S., Kim, J., Hong, Y., Kim Y., Kim, D., Baek D., and Ahn, K. Selective Degradation of host MicroRNAs by an Intergenic HCMV Non-Coding RNA Accelerates Virus Production. Cell Host & Microbe 13:678-690 (2013). Selected as Faculty of 1000 RECOMMENDED paper.
- Kim, S., Lee, S., Shin, J., Kim, Y., Evnouchidou, I., Kim, D., Kim, Y-K., Kim, Y-E., Ahn, J-H., Riddell SR., Stratikos, E., Kim, V-N., and Ahn, K. Human cytomegalovirus microRNA miR-US4-1 inhibits CD8+ T cell responses by targeting the aminopeptidase ERAP1. Nature Immunology 12:984-991 (2011). Selected as Faculty of 1000 EXCEPTIONAL paper.
- Lee, S., Cho, K., Cho, S., Kim, I., Oh, C., and Ahn, K. Protein disulphide isomerase is required for signal peptide peptidase-mediated protein degradation. EMBO J. 29:363-375 (2010)
- Park, B., Lee, S., Kim, E., Cho, K., Riddell, S. R., Cho, S., and Ahn, K. Redox regulation facilitates optimal peptide selection by MHC class I during antigen processing. Cell 127: 369-382. (2006). Selected as "Featured Article of the issue' and Faculty of 1000 EXCEPTIONAL paper.